That said, I have been so swamped that I haven't had a chance to post ANYTHING from this past month. So I'll sum it up really quickly. It all starts on August 7th- I like to call it my last weekend of freedom- when Trey and I went a wedding in Brookhaven. My friend Stephanie Houghtlin from UGA got married and had a beautiful ceremony and reception at the Capitol City Country Club in Atlanta. Kels and Maggie were in the wedding and we had such a good time the whole night dancing to the amazing band Stephanie had.
Next up- one month of working straight through the weekends minus one night we escaped to Athens for our last wedding of the 2010 season- Stephanie Wisner's. Stepha and I became so close throughout law school and it was great getting to spend time with my mentee Lauren. Trey and I realized when we were up there how much we missed Athens and since the wedding was at the Foundry and so close to our old stomping grounds it brought back so many wonderful memories.
We also got to stay with my bridesmaid Terrie while we were up there. Too bad we left just hours before she went into labor and had a beautiful baby girl- Olivia. We can't wait to go back and see her.
Next up, Trey and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary on August 29th. Can't believe it's already been a year! We headed to McCormick and Schmitts for a wonderful seafood dinner and since we were in the Perimeter area we headed over to our reception site and snuck a few pictures in the same place where we shared the best day ever just one year ago. My how time flies!
And then came Labor Day Weekend! Trey and I loaded up the car and headed down to Lake Oconee to meet up with our good friends from college, Roxanne and George, Heath and Monica and Beth and Robert. The guys were all Trey's roommates and best friends from Beta and Rox was one of my bridesmaids. It was such a great relaxing weekend and wonderful reunion with some of our favorite people that unfortunately we don't get to see very often since we all spread across the south eastern states after college. We miss them so much so it was so much fun hanging out like the good ole days.
And finally, this past weekend Trey and I finally got a chance to taste the night life in Vinings Village. Trey's brother in law Robby celebrated his 30th birthday and we all met up in Vinings for a night out to remember. It was such a blast hanging out with such great friends. We sure haven't partied like that in a long time (and for good reason ;)
(And I just realized I uploaded the pics in reverse order of my blog... sorry about that- it's been awhile)
Robby's Birthday
Loved catching up this weekend! Looks like you all have had a very busy, but fun month.
ReplyDelete