Saturday, February 19, 2011

Good-bye Honda Accord! Hello New"er" Honda Accord!

Yep, we finally bit the bullet after much debate and back and forth. Trey decided to put my 1997 Honda Accord on Craigslist and Autotrader 2 weekends ago just to see if anyone would make an offer. We listed it at $3800 and by the next morning Trey's phone was blowing up with offers. We couldn't believe it! We hadn't even found a car for me yet so I was getting worried that we'd sell mine before we found one with all the features I was looking for. By mid- week we realized it was going to sell and my brother gave me insight that we had listed it too low. Hondas are well made cars and I guess mine had low miles for how many years I'd been driving it so we upped the price $500.00. And- people kept calling! We finally agreed to meet with a very persistent mother buying for her daughter on Thursday night after work...

First of all, who the heck goes to buy a car in the dark, in a parking lot with 43 hundred dollar bills in her pocket... and for that matter what crazy fools go to sell their car in the dark like that. I told Trey I left my rings at home just in case we were mugged. haha It was bizarre to say the least.

But, thankfully we met her in the well-lit parking lot of Rooms to Go by Perimeter Mall. She wasn't a psycho and she was ready to buy on the spot. I convinced us all to go to Panera down the street where we made our trade. It was so funny seeing her lay out the hundreds on the table. I politely excused myself to the bathroom to check to see the Ben Franklin symbol in the corner- just to be sure ;) ha.

We walked away with $4300, 1/4 of the original purchase price 14 years earlier of my beloved Honda Accord with 146,000 miles- my first and only car to that point. As much as I was ready for a new car, I have to say it was a sad moment seeing that girl strip my tag and put hers on. I almost didn't want to drive away.

The next day Trey got a ride to work with our neighbor and friend Brian and I took his car to work. I joked to Trey that if we didn't find a car that weekend he'd be walking to work. ha But as luck has it I picked him up from work that day and we went looking for a newer Honda Accord and found one with all the features I wanted that night. The deal we made was to buy another Accord for now and then when we have kids I get to pick the SUV and Trey will take the Accord for awhile... good compromise :)

Anyway, we ended up at Gwinnett Honda around 8 pm Friday night and with Trey playing bad cop, me good cop we found my car! It's a 2008 Honda Accord EX-L with navigation and I love it already. It has so much more pick up than my last car with a V-6 engine and it's been fun to drive around. I couldn't believe what a deal we got with low miles and everything. The dealership stayed open til 11:30 pm to push the deal through and the next day I went to pick up my new car!

Here are some pics of the upgrades...

OLD

NEW

OLD

NEW


OLD

NEW

1 comment:

  1. It looks great and the story behind it is even better! We had fun seeing you all tonight. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers