Saturday, April 16, 2011

Drum roll please...

IT'S HERE!!!! IT'S REALLY REALLY REALLY FINALLY HERE!!!!


As many of you know, Trey and I have been searching for months for the perfect table for our dining room. I'm not one to wait around in terms of setting up anything. In fact I think I unpacked everything when we moved into our new house within 2 or 3 days, but the one room in our house that just bugged me was our empty dining room (and our coat closet that held all of our fine china in boxes for months). Call me O.C.D or type A- I do, but I just love a neat and orderly house where everything has its place and I can finally say... well almost... that every room is done! Now for a rug, mirror on the wall, and some art work and voila!

To say this dining room table and buffet purchase was a nightmare would be an understatement. But two months later, 3 attempted weekend deliveries, 1 in store pick up, 6 or 7 hours on the phone with customer service, my sales rep, supervisors at Macys, delivery guys, etc it finally showed up this morning 8 am on the dot. And- for all our troubles I got a $200 Macys gift card and major discounts. Oh don't you worry- I still plan on writing a strongly worded letter on King and Spalding letterhead to the VP of furniture. Who knows... might be free at the end of the day? ;) What can I say... I am my mother's daughter and this ordeal was just ridiculous.

Anyway, I could hardly believe Macys actually followed through with it this morning. Some of the chairs are not up to snuff since I had to accept floor samples after Macys discontinued the line (after I ordered)- but I could care less at this point. I have 10 chairs, a table with no defects and a china buffett. And even though I'm working from home this weekend (which usually just makes me feel nauseous), I'm a happy girl!


I love being able to see the table when you walk in the front door!

One more post to just show my first attempt at sewing (with my mom's help of course). We attached the brown strip at the bottom to make the shower curtain in the guest bathroom downstairs longer. Not bad.


1 comment:

  1. I'm catching up on everything on here! DR looks great :) Invite me over, workaholic!

    ReplyDelete

Followers