Thursday, November 10, 2011

"Fall"ing in love with Asheville!

Last weekend Trey and I made a trip up to Asheville to see the Biltmore and the Blue Ridge Mountains. We had been wanting to go up for a few years and were excited to make it happen just in time the see the last remnants of all the beautiful fall colors and the first weekend of Christmas at the Biltmore.

It was the perfect weekend getaway and we had such a relaxing and fun time! Took too many pictures to post but here are a few highlights. Excuse all the edited shots. I was having quite a time with my new iphone (which I absolutely LOVE) ;)

Here's the one picture I was able to take inside (no photos allowed). This was a shot of the Grand Hall dining room. You could smell it from the entrance because they had the biggest fraser fir tree. It put me in the Christmas spirit! I can't wait to get our tree this year. I love that smell.

Biltmore Estate - it was so big and so pretty!


Biltmore Bass Pond - there were all these trails leading from the house. We took a 20 minute hike to get here but it was well worth the view. We just couldn't get over how big the estate was.

One more shot driving out...
and another...
and another...
and another...


Saturday night we headed from the Biltmore winery to downtown Asheville for dinner then over to the infamous Grove Park Inn. It was so impressive that such a place could be built 100 years ago. Just look at one of the fireplaces in the lobby - it was huge! We ended up hitting up the dueling piano bar at the hotel and had such a good time.
The next morning we went back to the Grove Park Inn for brunch in the Blue Ridge dining room. It had the most beautiful view of the Blue Ridge Mountains. That view never got old all weekend.

View from brunch...
Back of the Grove Park Inn near the famous Spa (Trey said we can try that out next time... I'm going to hold him to it) :)
All the Christmas trees at the Grove Park Inn had different themes. They were so pretty!
Next stop on our way home we drove a little bit of the Blue Ridge Parkway and hiked up Chimney Rock. The view was amazing.






1 comment:

  1. Looks like an awesome weekend and I love all your edited pics! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Followers