Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas Time is Here and I'm feeling Bold!

It's the most wonderful time of year and it has just come and almost gone as fast as this year flew by. Gosh, where did 2011 go!? It feels like yesterday that we were looking forward to Christmas last year. I guess time flies when you're having fun and trippin' it around the world. I haven't posted anything this season so I thought I'd share one of our super buy tree (only $30 from Costco and it nearly touches the ceiling!) and our first fire.


And of course had to share a pic of my annual gingerbread house -this time made with the help of my nieces Handley and Harper who came over last Sunday to share in one of my favorite holiday traditions (in place since I used to make them with my best friends Kelsey and Maggie in high school). I can't wait to make it a family tradition!

And last but not least, I have been feeling rather blah about my hair lately. Ever since Trey and I got engaged I have been trying to grow my hair long. That resulted in about 3 haircuts over the last 3 years! (yes, I know... horrible!) But, despite the length achieved I had been feeling that it was looking rather weighed down and just boring when I'd leave it straight. So, I went for it today and decided to get some bangs. I hated bangs as a kid and that was the last time I ever had them, so I took baby steps tonight and just went for the side swept bang. They're hanging sufficiently down in my eye to make this a real challenge for me, but I think I like the change... we'll see when I actually have to dry them myself, but it's always exciting to make a little change. Who knows maybe next time I'll go for highlights for the first time - ooh, how bold!



2 comments:

  1. First, thank you again for having us over to help with gingerbread houses! Outs is proudly displayed on our kItchen table. Your finished product looks so great. Second, your bangs look so pretty. Way to go for being bold. Bangs always bothered me too much, but for those that can pull it off, they look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so good! I love the new hair! I know what you mean...that is why mine changes color so often. I keep wanting to get the courage to cut it but then I see someone with gorgeous long hair and chicken out...

    ReplyDelete

Followers