Honestly the past few days have been really fun! Anytime I get to spend with my baby is always a good thing. Sophia has really come into her own little personality lately and is so loving and cuddly. Every time she sees us she wants to come up and give big sweet hugs. I'm loving this phase!
Which brings me to my next point - I can't believe our sweet little baby is almost 1!!!! Where did the last year go!? I know I'm a broken record but I just can't get over how fast it's gone and I feel like I blinked and she's a really little person in front of me who can shake her head and wave her hands away as if to say "No more" more mama or "No I don't want it." She's making all kinds of sounds lately and certainly has a language of her own (just wish I could understand).
Some more updates to share since I'm woefully behind on this blogging thing (too busy working, traveling for work, and keeping up with my new year's resolution to get in shape and train for my first 1/2 marathon coming up in March... more on that later)
So at 11 1/2 months... Sophia
- Is a super speedy crawler
- Can stand on her own for a second before falling.
- She will take steps holding onto things like a coffee table, the walker or our hands but she hasn't mastered taking a step on her own yet.
- She eats EVERYTHING! - which I appreciate b/c it makes prepping her food easier when she likes what we eat
- She LOVES to dance and dances on cue when we sing anything
- has starting really mimicking what we do with our hands and facial expressions
- Has pretty much weaned from breastfeeding (only once at night - and doubtful she's getting much)
- LOVES music and playing the piano. She'll crawl over to the piano room stand on her tippy toes and hit keys now. She loves it!
- Says da-da, ma-ma (sometimes), na-na, ba-ba (and something that sounds like bye bye and baby)
- Waves Bye Bye
- Has 7 teeth
- won't crawl anywhere without a toy in her hand (prefers her lovie Giraffe)
- still loves her Wubbanub (time to wean on that one).
Last weekend before the snow came we got a chance to have an outdoor shoot with my friend Jess from high school. She's been talking about doing a shoot since before Sophia was born so I was excited we finally set a date for it. Sophia wasn't in the best mood for the outdoor shots and even though it was really warm it was kinda windy and blowing her away in some but they turned out so cute! It makes me really excited for her first birthday coming up in a few weeks! Then I might really cry because my baby is just growing up too fast!




















No comments:
Post a Comment