Sunday, May 31, 2015

Memorial Day Weekend on HHI

Last weekend we finally headed to the beach and had a fun time on Hilton Head Island for the Memorial Day Weekend.  I've been craving the beach or some kind of trip since my maternity leave started and while it only took 11 weeks to make that a reality it was worth the wait.  It's funny how Sophia's first trip after she was born was to the same place for the same holiday since both my babies were born in early March.  Will did great and was so relaxed and quiet (except for the last night at dinner).  I feel like his reflux is finally under control and he's not so fussy anymore (knock on wood).

Sophia also did great and solidified her role as the little fishy in the family.  She definitely takes after both mommy and daddy in her love of all things water and the beach.  She was giddy and as happy as a kid in a candy store every day!  She was beside herself excited everyday to wake up and head out to the pool and the beach and kept asking for pool and "oh-sen" (ocean).  I had no idea how she'd take to wearing the puddle jumper for the first time but she was completely fearless and kept jumping to both Trey and I over and over again and screaming 'jump to mommy' or 'jump to daddy'.  (So glad she loves the water!  Since we've been back she's been loving the neighborhood pool too and with her floaty can swim by herself the length of the pool.  It's great to see and honestly a little terrifying at the same time.)



My little fearless girl!











nothing like cute babies napping 



Sophia in heaven


We piggybacked off my dad's dental continuing ed classes at the Omni Resort and unlike last time when we stayed down the street at the Hampton Inn this time we stayed at the Omni and it was so worth it!  We had rooms on the first floor right next to the walk way to get to the pool and ocean and our rooms were two doors down from the parents and my brother, Ryan who came with baby Fiona!  It was so nice seeing them and watching Sophia's reaction to her cousin.  She tried to hold baby "Fi no na"as she said just like she tries holding Will... essentially it's a like a loving choke hold ;)

Sophia loves her some Abuela







I was a little anxious to see how both babies would do with all 4 of us sleeping in one room but it went off without a hitch.  Sophia did skip naps days 2 and 3 and went to bed really late but she wore herself out so much and spent tons of energy on the beach and at the pool so she conked out and conked out good when she was ready.  We could have lights on and noise and it didn't matter.  As for Will- he kept up his 2 week streak of essentially sleeping anywhere from 10:30-11 until 6:30-7 am.  I'm calling that all night for sure!  I was happy the trip didn't mess up that new routine at all.  He slept like a baby all night every night we were there and I even managed to feed him in the morning around 7 and put him back down without waking Sophia... miraculous, I know!





One of the days we rented bikes and took them for a ride on the beach and through the Palmetto Plantation where we were staying.  It was nice because we got to ride down the street and check out the house we're staying in over Labor Day weekend with our good friends from the neighborhood.






I was surprised at how easy it was to go out to eat each night too.  I remember waiting forever last time we were there to get a table then waiting forever to get our food but this time we were able to get into every restaurant pretty much right away and only had to wait on food at one place.  The short waits weren't bad because gave us a chance to get some family pictures and we all know how important those are to Trey. lol.  These pictures crack me up because we never got both kids looking good and Trey kept wanting us to try again and again in vain ;)







All in all it was a great trip and I was so sad to leave.  Seeing how much fun we all had makes me so excited to come back in a few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers