Monday, June 1, 2015

Feels like a new house!

This weekend was pretty darn productive around the Spivey house.  When we got home Tuesday from Hilton Head we just missed the painters who were starting on painting our exterior.  It's hard to believe we've been in our home 5 years this May and it was time for a new coat.  They did such a great job and as they were working we asked if they would be able to paint a few rooms on the inside of our house.

Our downstairs was still builder beige and we'd talked for years about painting and adding color to the house.  Then because the painters gave us a good price and said they could do it on Saturday so we kinda impulsively just went for it.  We didn't even have colors picked Friday but I was able to convince Trey to go with it and we used a Sea Salt color we had used as a sample when we were trying to pick a color for a room a year ago.  It's a really pretty blue green and I love it!





We chose Sherwin Williams Lemongrass for the dining room and a coralish/peachy color for our guest room.  That's the only room I'm not too crazy about and kinda wish we'd gone a little darker but we were scared to be too bold.


Trey painted the dining room and did a pretty good job!




Anyway, I'm digging the new colors and it really feels like we've got a new house inside and out!

1 comment:

  1. Just getting all caught up on your blog. Your trip to HHI looked amazing!! It makes me so excite for the beach. Also, I LOVE the new paint. I can't wait to see it in person. That Sea Salt color was the one I kept going back and forth between for our main color. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

Followers