Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Sophia @ 2 1/2 and First Days of Camp at First Baptist Smyrna

So I feel like when I blog lately (which isn't often, I'll admit) my focus at times is to summarize our lives and happenings around Will so he can look back one day and see what fun things we did his first year. I used to update what little Miss was up to and I haven't in awhile so before she continues to grow like a weed and blow away I thought I'd pause and memorialize in writing what our little Sophia Mofia Bofia has been up to.

I feel like I look at Sophia some days and I am looking at a picture from my childhood.  She has such an uncanny likeness to me as a kid that it blows me away.  I guess I shouldn't be that surprised since she is my daughter but it still just hits me some days that I made this amazing little person who happens to be my little mini me.  She loves her mommy and loves doing everything I do from painting her nails to cooking, putting on make up (not that I let her :)... Couldn't love this little punkie any more!






love checking on her sleeping before I go to bed.  She looks so peaceful

sassy pants





Sophia is just shy of 2 and half and I feel like not only does she grow like a weed and is so tall for her age but she's always learning and absorbing so much these days and she blows me away with things she does and says.

At 28 months here's my best summary:


  • She can count to 5 and loves to quickly do so when playing hide and seek with mommy.
  • She practically knows all the letters of the alphabet and will point to them or say them when you ask her what a certain letter is
  • She loves watching Super Why on GPB tv and has learned so much about letters from the show
  • She loves Sesame Street and always wants to pick out the Cookie Monster or Elmo diapers to put on
  • She's a jumping monster and loves jumping all over the house and jumping/dancing when her favorite songs come on... same thing for running.  She could run around the house 50 times asking you to chase her "run with mommy" and she never gets tired
  • Loves to say "it's heavy"
  • Can ride her scooter all by herself and loves playing outside

  • LOVES swimming and is fearless in the water with and without her floaties (just know she'll be a little fishy in no time)
  • loves her mimi and abuela and asks for them all the time
  • is starting to really make friends and loves her some Colton (her neighborhood boyfriend).




     
  • She still loves her cousins too, especially Garrett and gets so hyper and excited when he comes over 

  • Gives the best most sweetest hugs and besitos when you ask her to
  • knows how to share very well - though sometimes you still have to remind her to do so
  • Is mommy's big helper when it comes to baby Will or "baby Wool"/"Bubba" as she says 
  • Loves to kill Will with kindness though when it comes to huggies and still plays a little too rough with him although she adores her little brother and he loves her too.  They are so cute together and can't wait for them to really play when Will gets older 

     poor baby doesn't have a chance ;)






  • She is quite the picky eater these days but still loves her some corn.  Girl could eat corn for breakfast, lunch and dinner and would ask for "more Corn!"
  • is Super Sweet but also a Terrible Two and Super WHINEY!  Dear Lord, help us some days!
  • sleeps pretty good- usually from around 8:30 to 8:30 (though as of late it's getting earlier like 8:30 to 7ish)
  • she has a growing vocabulary every day and still throws out a mix of Spanish
  • She loves car rides and gets excited every time we go out
  • She loves pretend playing with her kitchen, tea sets, pizza, cupcakes
  • She loves Reading books and often wants you to read her whole library before bed
  • She goes to sleep with the lights dimmed and books in her crib so she can read them to her animals
  • She can escape the crib but did once or twice and must have fallen and not liked the result so thankfully she still calls out to us and sleeps in the crib
  • She has weaned her paci use a lot during the day but still uses it as a shield for comfort in new situations and at night to sleep 
  • She's Miss Independent often and loves having a say in what clothes she'll wear, which shoes, which bathing suit and bows to put on
  • She doesn't like smiling for cameras and can be quite a little stinker when you ask her to
All in all, she's just your normal 2 year old who's surprising us by the day and I'm loving the new phase she's entering into though I get sad seeing my first baby grow up before me so fast.

This week she started her first days at what will be her preschool come September 1st at Smyrna First Baptist.  She's in a day camp with the teachers who will be her teachers for the year, Mrs. Deborah and Mrs. Jennifer and it's been an experience for sure. 

We had been trying to talk to her about school for the past week or so building it up and just reminding her that she'd be going.  We kept saying how fun it was going to be and how she'd be able to go and make friends and play but don't think she got the message.  

She was excited to get ready on Monday morning and thought it was fun putting on her little backpack and posing for pictures on our front porch.  She was even excited to drive there and say bye to Daddy and Baby Will but when we walked into the building she knew something was up and instantly wanted me to hold her ("hold you mommy") and was searching my bag for her woo woo (paci).  It wasn't there since I had read they didn't allow them.  Anyway, when we got to the classroom she did not want to enter AT ALL.  Poor thing was practically ripped from my arms and I was told they'd let me know if they needed me but I never got a call so I assumed all was well.  

When I went to pick her up at 1 she broke down seeing me and ran over to the gate at the classroom door.  She couldn't get out fast enough... poor thing! lol  Her teacher told me to bring a lovie or something she's attached to the next day so a paci it was!

Day 2 went much better with her paci and today after day 3 of crying entering the building and classroom seemed like she loved school just a little bit because she was calm when I picked her up and then tried to run back into the building when we got to the parking lot.  She actually cried NOT wanting to go home.  Crazy girl!  But I was relieved she like it today and seemed to finally eat some of her lunch.

I know slowly by surely she'll grow to love school like I did and I can't wait to see how she does this fall.  It's a new chapter we're entering into and while it makes me sad to see her grow up, it's part of life and I'm excited at the same time.  




1 comment:

  1. She is so cute and I loved seeing all of these fun pictures. She seems so sweet with Will and they are going to have so much fun together as he grows bigger. AND, I'm so excited that school/camp is going better for her. She will be begging to go on the days she doesn't have school before you know it. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers