Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Will @ 5 Months Old

Couldn't love this little boy any more!  His constant smiles and coos and oohs and the sparkle he gets in his eye when he sees you or hears your voice are so infectious.  It's hard to believe my baby boy is already 5 months old and I feel like it's going so much faster than with Sophia.



 (little guy won't stop putting his hands in his mouth... I think he's close to getting a tooth)



It's been a month of several milestones for little buddy or bubba as we all seem to affectionately call him (as a side note- you can hear Sophia squealing "Buubba" at any time... kinda funny)  Anyway, this month Will has started sleeping through the night, rolling over and eating solid foods.



We started giving him rice cereal a few weeks ago and he has taken to eating it pretty well.  I'd say much better than when Sophia first tired solids but might be because he was a month older.  He also is getting the hang of eating sweet potato and I think he likes it.






About 3 weeks ago we started sleep training him too because all of us were feeling pretty exhausted with the multiple midmorning wake ups.  I just couldn't handle it and a full day of work any longer so Trey and I set the date for August 5th and we hunkered down for a few rough nights.  Poor baby cried cried cried but he did alright when it came to not eating all night.  He just really wanted his paci.  We did go in throughout the night and give it to him so it wasn't the harsher sleep training style we could've attempted (I just didn't have the heart to do that to little buddy after we tried once with Sophia around 4 months old and she woke up with a rash from crying).  I think this method worked because he really just cried for the first few days and then it was magic.  He still has his nights where he whimpers and wakes up early but overall (and don't want to ginx it) he can make it from about 8:30 to 7:30 or 8 the next day.  I always feel like a brand new woman those mornings :)



napping with daddy


Will also started rolling over a few weeks ago and he's quite the roly poly now.  He won't stay on his back for very long and as of about a week ago he winds up on his tummy when he's sleeping.  He loves it.  We tried moving him a few nights to no avail so what can you do?  Works for him so all's well.


He loves smiling at his sister and she's really taken to him this past month.  She loves having him sit with her to watch her favorite shows and he doesn't seem to mind.


nothing better than morning snuggles and cartoons with these two




they love reading each night with daddy

I know they'll be close one one day and Sophia just can't wait until she can really play with him.


Other than that he's growing by the minute... though tiny our tiny little nugget.  He's getting more hair but still overall our little baldy baby.  He's mostly happy unless he's hungry, tired or lonely and we are loving him more and more each day!  We love you Will!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers