So, I was searching for a picture tonight and came across this shot of my best friend Maggie and I when we took dancing lessons together as kids. I remembered taking a picture with Maggie last weekend at our other best friend Kelsey's bachelorette party weekend in the same order so I put them up next to each other and it made me laugh. My my my how we've changed! I can't get over our teeth!
It's actually a cute story of how Maggie and I became friends. The truth is, when we posed for that dance picture we didn't even know each other. We were just always placed in the back row in all our dance group shots since we were the tallest girls... always.
(Which brings me to my sidenote: I usually call Maggie Marfan or Marfie for short after she and Kels learned what a marfan was in AP Biology at Marist... basically it's a disease that tall people have which causes them to have long appendages... haha... and for those of you who don't know- Kelsey and Marfan always call me Cuban since we all had a friend who got a kick out of the way my mom said my name with a Spanish accent. Don't worry, Kelsey wasn't left out- we lovingly call her fatass ;) ... my dad always thought she got the short end of the stick with that one but if you've met her, you know the name doesn't literally match the girl. The names have somehow stuck through the years)
Anyway, Marfan and I danced together for years but didn't know each other because we didn't go to school together. We just lived close and happened to enroll in the same small dance studio in Tucker. We stopped dancing when we were young and I didn't bump into her again until I was taking a break at Marist soccer camp the summer before I started my freshman year of high school. I saw two blonde girls that I thought I recognized from somewhere and I asked this other blonde girl if she danced at Dance for Joy Studio when she was young. She said no, but Marfie overheard me ask her and chimed in that she had. Turns out the other girl used to go to elementary school with me way back when too. It's a small world, but Marfan and I became great friends that year and the rest is history...
Then...

Love your blog Cubie!!! :) Thank God for braces, huh?
ReplyDeleteAww! That's such a sweet story.
ReplyDelete