We checked into the Doubletree Suites in Times Square on Friday morning and stayed there the rest of the trip. It was such a prime location and conveniently located literally next door to the broadway show we bought tickets to- West Side Story (which was fabulous)!
We spent the weekend milling around the city, ate at yummy NY restaurants, experienced the NY night life scene, went ice skating in Bryant Park and my favorite past time- shopping!!! Though I must say I was a good girl and managed to get through the entire weekend only buying 2 purses (one for my mom) and a hat ;)
It was so wonderful being in the city at Christmastime, seeing all the displays, fancy lights, the Rockefeller Tree and of course spending time with Anne and Steve. I miss AC so much and it's always a blast when we get together.
Too bad my brother Ryan couldn't make it down from Albany like we planned. His dog Buster got sick but thankfully we found out it's not cancer! :)
Trey and I can't wait to go back to NY and hope to make this a tradition. It was the perfect getaway.
On top of the Empire State Building
It's unbelievable to stand at Ground Zero and see the progress (or destruction) that 9/11 caused. It's going to take forever to rebuild.


New York Stock Exchange
Battery Park overlooking the Statue of Liberty (we'll make it out there our next trip)
See what I mean? Look how close Doubletree Suites is to West Side Story at the Palace Theatre. Can't get much closer.
Times Square was crowded at all times of the day- it's was unbelievable how many people were in the city this weekend.
Saturday morning in Times Square- so crowded!
Santa pub crawlers making their way through Central Park
It looks like you all had such a fun time!
ReplyDeleteOh what a great time of year to visit NYC! Justen and I had planned on going until the whole baby/pregnancy/not allowed to travel thing got in the way. :) Great pictures and looked like so much fun!!
ReplyDelete