Thursday, June 16, 2011

Exploring Atlanta, Athens, and my new PIANO!

I'm a week behind on this post because we've been busy busy busy. Trey and I have been trying to explore Atlanta more since we had so much fun at Highlands Summerfest a few weeks ago and decided to hang out in midtown last Friday because we never do. There are so many fun places to eat and things to do in that area and we never explore it because I'm always so quick to leave midtown after work and never think about going back.


We had planned to meet up at Tin Lizzy's, which is conveniently located across the street from my office and then head to the Coca Cola Film Series at the Fox Theater for their screening of the movie True Grit. Traffic was horrible and kinda cut into our plans to make it to the movie on time so we didn't end up going, but we did have a great time at Tin Lizzy's with their live music and hope to make it out to midtown more often.





Last Saturday we headed back to good ole' Athens for a wedding of one of Trey's fraternity brothers, Todd Perzel. He got married at the chapel on North Campus and the reception was at the Foundry Park Inn. It was a cute wedding and we loved being back on campus and hanging out downtown.




Trey and Todd

Meghan (sorority sister) and me




It's crazy how quickly certain things change in Athens but then some things are just the same- like a new bar called 90s bar! Really? 90's bar?! That's crazy since it's only 2011! It was so much fun though. We had such a good time seeing old friends and being in Athens really made us miss the years we had there and how carefree everything was back in the day.

We also realized how old we'd gotten since we hardly party like rock stars anymore, but- we still had a little kick in us and ended our night, as most of our college nights downtown ended, at Boars Head- which ironically is where I met Trey for the first time and where he ended up asking me out for the first time- ah... memories.




Trey with his fraternity brothers, Hunter and Colin


The highlight of the night however, was our hysterical finale making a late night run at the McDonalds next door to the Hampton Inn off Broad and Hawthorne St. where we stayed that night. Apparently, it's McDonald's policy to not serve people who walk through the drive through. Who knew!? All we wanted was a cheeseburger and chicken snack wrap! Let's just say it was the funniest moment of the night and thankfully some college kids who were driving up behind us were kind enough to order for us so that we could get our fill of late night munchies.






And finally, today I got a Piano!!!! I have been telling Trey for the longest time that I wanted to get the piano that his family has stored in Whiteville but because of the drive and the trouble to get it, we never have. My cousin Ali, even offered to give us her piano for awhile because she was tired of the space it took up in their house- but she would've eventually wanted it back so we didn't want to go through the trouble. But- this time around the deal was too sweet to pass up because it was FREE and delivered to our house while we were at work, set up an everything without us lifting a finger!


How? you might ask. Someone at my church was moving and they didn't want to take their piano with them. They sent an email through a group my mom is involved in and she responded saying she thought I might want it. The owners were so generous and it's a great piano in good condition. All we had to do was pay for delivery- which they were even going to do, but we insisted on paying.

I can't wait to pick up this hobby again because I miss my days of playing piano and it's such a calming and peaceful hobby to have. I even started playing a few tunes tonight- which let me tell you, Trey just LOOOOOVEs ;)



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I just laughed out loud at your pictures of Trey walking through the drive-through. Sounds like you all had such a great time. Also, I can't wait to hear your play the piano. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers