Friday, October 19, 2012

Trey's 30th, Girls' Weekend, & 20 weeks!

Busy post today for a busy momma to be.  I feel like I never stop and our weekends are always jammed packed but thought it would be nice to look back on memorable things that happened while I was pregnant so some of these are a few weeks overdue.

For starters baby daddy turned the big 30 a few weeks ago.  We celebrated Friday night (his actual birthday by going to see Miranda Lambert and Lee Brice at Lakewood).  It was so much fun and I got to check off a number on my 30 before 30 list.  Then that Saturday we celebrated with our friends by heading to Gordon Biersch in Buckhead to sadly watch the Dawgs get creamed by USC.  At least we had good friends to commiserate with and we all had a great time!
Tailgating before Miranda Lambert - and by tailgating I drank water and ate my Chick Fil - A dinner ... ooh what a rebel!  Trey wore my UGA camo hat to make himself look more country.  It worked.
college gang


dinner club friends



Then last weekend I was in for a treat when my roomies from college came and stayed with me for the weekend.  I can't remember the last time Terrie, Anne Cary and I spent more than 1 day together in the last 5 years but it was such a fun weekend to have them here.  We also spent girls' weekend with my sorority sister Bree who's also good friends with Anne and she just happens to be pregnant and due within a week of me!  It's been fun comparing everything with her and it would be so neat if we delivered around the same time because not only are we due around the same time but we'll both be at Piedmont hospital.  She also lives maybe 5 minutes from us so I know we'll have fun hanging out on maternity leave.
Saturday brunch at J.Christophers

girls at Noche in Vinings

Steve, Anne Cary, me, Trey, Matt, Bree, Terrie

Speaking of maternity, yesterday I officially hit 20 weeks!  Today Trey and I went in for my 20 week ultrasound and it's confirmed - little baby Spivey is a girl for sure! (not that we had any doubts)  Doctor said she looks perfect and we were very excited to hear everything looks good.  Like I keep saying, she better be cute because this little stinker sure is stealing all my beauty with this horrible hormonal pregnancy acne (ugh I can't take it!  Literally brings me to tears some days.  Or maybe that's the pregnancy hormones making me emotional.  Probably a little of both)  I know she'll be worth it though.  But I'm definitely not feeling the pregnancy glow.
18 weeks at end of day after HUGE pasta dinner


20 weeks
 She wouldn't quite cooperate for a picture but we did see some amazing acrobatics in my belly as she flipped and rolled around.  She's practically laying on her neck with her legs over her head.  Can't be comfortable at all!  We did get a frontal shot of her face though and that was pretty neat to see.
little nugget with her feet above her head - 20 weeks

1 comment:

Followers