Thursday, November 15, 2012

Babymoon in the Florida Keys and Miami

Everyone knows Trey and I love to travel.  Honestly the word Love is an understatement because we'd rather be traveling than anything.  We plan trips and while we're on that trip talk about the next one we want to take.  I think we're both fearful because we know our adventures are going to slow down a bit once little Spivey gets here.  But in an effort to squeeze one last little bit of R & R before life as we know it changes we headed to the Keys for an easy get away.

We were kinda bummed that the weather didn't cooperate.  But like my dad always says, you can't plan the weather and beats a day at work.  Even though it was super windy and mostly overcast some days we still had a nice relaxing time and just enjoyed the warmer weather while we could.  And what do you know, we already have plans in the works for our next adventure when baby Spivey gets here.  Something tells me we might have to improvise ;)

beach side at the Key Largo Hilton... we pretty much had it to ourselves

Key Largo Hilton


Sunset over Key Largo
Just after we crossed the 7 mile bridge

photo stop on Islamorada driving down the Keys
Islamorada

Key West Southernmost Point... so close to Cuba, and yet so far

Higgs Beach in Key West

had to do a couple of pregnant belly shots

23 weeks!
entering Mallory Square in Key West to watch the sunset by the pier




Where else would we eat on Duval St.?  Margaritaville it was!

Sun setting over Key West
I always love seeing Cuban flags around town when I'm in South Florida.

Trey was in heaven eating what I have to say was the best Key Lime Pie both he and I had ever had at Mrs. Macs in Key Largo.  It was delicious!



trying to "lay out" in Miami on South Beach our last day.  It was a tad bit windy and overcast.  Felt fine when the clouds parted but man was it a bit chilly when they covered the sun.

Miami South Beach

Off for a fun night on South Beach

doing the tourist thing and eating dinner on Lincoln Road South Beach.  It was so fun to walk down the street that's blocked off to cars and eat outside.  Reminded me of Piazza Navona in Rome.
On our way back to the car on Lincoln Road we stumbled across the Symphony Orchestra giving a free concert to the public/ by way of screen outside.  It was so romantic and fun.  We decided to sit down a enjoyed about 30 minutes of the concert before heading to the clubs on Ocean Drive to dance the night away.

Lincoln Road South Beach
Clubbing on South Beach - won't be able to do this much longer

The Clevelander was so much fun!  We danced the night away.

Last day leaving the Courtyard Marriott on South Beach.  I just love Miami!  We'll definitely have to come back with little Spivey one day.

And no trip to Miami would be compete if I didn't have a piece of flan and some cafe con leche.  Mmmm Flan!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you guys were able to get away. You look amazing. How exciting to think that your family will have another person by the time you go on your next trip! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete

Followers