Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Holidays = Magid Birthdays, Thanksgiving, Shopping and Reunions!

The past two weeks have been exciting around our house or should I say outside of it.  We've hardly been here!  It started the week before Thanksgiving when we finally made it to Houston to visit my brother in their new house.  It was my nephew Alex's 3rd birthday weekend and we got to meet my new nephew Jon.  I have been trying to make it out to Houston since Alex was born and we never made the trip so I told Trey I was going with our without him this year.  He got the hint ;)

Meeting little Jon


Jon Omer Magid

Alex's Birthday was held at one of the many parks in their neighborhood.  He's obsessed with SpiderMan so the theme seemed appropriate.


Grandfather and Abuela with Jon

Riding the train around the outlet mall with Alex on his birthday.  He loved it!

Trey's one request was that we get some good ole Texas bar-b-que.  I have to admit, though I'm not a fan of bar-b-que, it was pretty good!

Alex couldn't get enough of Uncle Trey all weekend.  In this picture we were trying to get a shot of Alex alone but he ran over to Trey to hug his neck in the picture instead.  It was so cute!

We had such a great time and it didn't get old having cute little Alex barge into our room every morning to see if we were awake.  He's such a sweet boy and he just loved playing with us - especially his Uncle Trey.  We bought him a race track for his birthday and he had a blast playing it over and over with Trey.  Alex is also known to be quite the little dancer.  He loves all the pop hits and every time we see him he seems to have a new obsession.  This time it was Gangnam Style.  It was a nightly ritual before he went to bed to play the video for the song and have Alex entertain us with the dance to the song.  He even recruited Uncle Trey to do it with him and had us all dying laughing.  Too bad my video won't upload.

Always good to see my brother and nephews and it was sad to say good-bye, especially because they won't be able to make the trip to Atlanta over the holidays since Jon is so little.  Poor little Alex took it a little hard when we were leaving and tried to go grab his bag so he could come too.  Trey and I told him he'd just have to come visit us in a few months to meet his new cousin.  He seemed to like that idea, so we'll see.

Next up was Thanksgiving week where we got to celebrate my brother Ryan's birthday and mine since we're three days and three years apart.  Birthdays over the holidays can be a bummer sometimes since they get swept into the holiday but it's always fun to spend our special days with family.

Before heading to Thanksgiving at Miriam's - 25 weeks

This year, we headed to my cousin Miriam's house to celebrate Thanksgiving with the Cuban side and Trey and I continued our recent tradition as of the past 5 years of heading to Lenox afterward to watch the lighting of the Macy's Tree.  We met up with our friends Jen and Justen and Carrie Beth, Robby and the kids were all there.  It's become such a fun tradition and I can't wait to bring our little girl along one day.


Then came my birthday on Black Friday and what a wonderful excuse to go out and do some shopping!  I made Trey scared with a facebook post I put out that morning but the damage was minimal.  I only treated myself to a few items from the Loft since everything was 50% off that day and then the rest of the day was all about getting our baby girl some furniture - which we did!  I love the style of the crib and can't wait to set up her room.

We got a deal because we bought the floor sample from Koo Koo Bear Kids in Norcross

We bought this chair with an ottoman in a beige color.


That night we celebrated my 10 year high school reunion from Marist at Sweetwater Brewery and had a blast catching up with old friends.  It was so great seeing everyone and I only wish it had been longer.  I felt like a pin ball all night barely getting to finish conversations because so many people showed up and you just wanted to talk to everyone.  Our class was pretty close by the end and yet over the years everyone has scattered the country and the globe for that matter so it was nice to hear what so many of them had been up to.
Too bad they didn't take the picture at the beginning since some people had left at this point.

with Maggie and Erica

 When we left the reunion, Trey and I made one last stop before my birthday was done to celebrate with a piece of cake from Cafe Intermezzo in Midtown.  It was the perfect end to a nice relaxing birthday.

Over the the weekend I finished up our holiday decorating around the house and now am totally in the Christmas spirit.  I just love this time of year!  and it's a crazy sobering thought to realize that after the holidays our little girl will be so close to making her debut!  Now, if only we could agree on her name hint hint, nudge nudge TREY! ;)


our "grown up" tree as Trey calls it

1 comment:

  1. What a post! Glad that y'all had such a great time in TX. You know I love that furniture and can't wait to help with the bedding for your nursery. AND, your house looks so pretty for Christmas. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers