She's here!!! She's here!!! Our little girl has finally made her debut into the world and what a wonderful world is truly is now that she's in it! To even attempt to describe the feelings that have taken over since Friday morning when she was born would be futile to say the least but my boss mentioned something to me last Wednesday that pretty much sums it up. It was something along the lines of, you don't even know what has been missing in your life until your child is born and you can't imagine life without them once they're here. So, yea, that in a nutshell is exactly how we feel.
The past two weeks Trey and I had the most amazing time just hanging out just the two of us and going on as many date nights as we could before baby girl got here. Almost as if we'd never have the chance to do any of those things again and like we would definitely miss them. But - God blessed us with the best gift Friday morning at 8:37 when all 6 pounds 2 ounces of her entered the world and while the past 4 days have been exhausting to say the least (and slightly painful from the c-section), it's as if nothing else matters now and our world is complete now that she's here.
I really can't imagine life without her now and I must have said "I love you Sophia" at least a million times since I heard her cute little cry introducing her to us. I just can't get enough of her- WE just can't get enough of her. And we keep saying, I can't believe she's ours and gosh, she's just so perfect! We are truly blessed and she's the best gift ever!
They always say there's no greater love than that of a parent to their child and now I really get it. I've never loved anyone so much, so instantly and I just thank God all day for her. And I have just loved seeing Trey in the role of daddy. He's been pretty much perfect himself. Can't ask for anything more.
So, anyway, enough of that... Now for some pictures!!!! Trey bought me a nice camera for Christmas and it sure has come in handy. He's taken a million shots since her birthday (not that I'm complaining). But here are just a "few..."
 |
| 39 weeks (the night before she was born) |
 |
| One last maternity shot before heading to the hospital in the morning |
 |
| assuming her favorite breech position |
 |
| 6 lbs 2 ounces of perfection |
 |
| First family shot! You can tell I was a little teary and overcome with emotion. I just couldn't believe she was here! |
 |
| Finally getting to hold her in the recovery room |
 |
| Meeting Abuela and Grandfather |
 |
| Meeting Mimi and Dedaw |
 |
| Meeting Uncle Jon |
 |
| Proud Daddy |
 |
| I can't help that I'm so stinking cute! |
 |
| Loving time with Puja |
 |
| who would've thought these childhood friends would now be parents to little girls |
 |
| Sophia loves her grandmothers |
 |
| Meeting Uncle Robby and Aunt Carrie Beth |
 |
| Maggie brought her some Marist War Eagle gear to get her ready |
 |
| Hello Maggie! |
 |
| Meeting her loving cousins Handley and Harper |
 |
| Sophia sure did take to Godmamma Ali right away (maybe b/c she changed her poopy diaper - thanks Ali! ;) |
 |
| Sophia and Erica |
 |
| Sophia and Sarah |
 |
| So precious! |
 |
| Last night at the hospital - you can tell we're tired ;) |
Now, we're packing up and about to head home! Can't wait to see what adventures lie ahead with our precious girl. We love you Sophia!!
So glad you all are home now!!! AND, I know you all are going to be the best parents. :-) Love you all!!!
ReplyDelete