Saturday, March 16, 2013

Sophia's Second Week & First Outing

Another week with our daughter has just flown by.  I feel like before I know it, I'll blink and my maternity leave will be over.  I try not to think about that because it makes me sad but I'm glad I won't be far from our precious little girl when that time comes.

In the meantime, we've kept busy and have started to get into a little routine.  It's rare that we make it downstairs before 1 pm with feedings and naps and me trying to push through this recovery and feel better.  My incision pain has subsided but I've been tormented by some pretty horrible headaches this past week.  I tried to lay off the oxycodone and they seem to be subsiding (thank God).

Other than that, it's been smooth sailing for our new little family.  Our friend Jen came over Tuesday and Thursday to do a newborn shoot for Sophia.  I can't wait to see the pictures.  Trey snagged a few on our camera while Jen was working and she looks so cute so I can only imagine the ones Jen took.





Jen hard at work



We also had some special visitors Thursday when Carrie Beth brought over Handley, Harper and Hudson for a visit.  The girls were so excited to see Sophia and you could tell they were so proud and happy to hold their cousin for a picture- especially Harper who couldn't contain herself.  Can't wait for them to play together one day.



Then today, Trey and I decided to venture out of the house.  I've just about had it being stuck at home - though I know I need to still take it easy - but I figured a short trip wouldn't hurt.  So, we headed out to Lowes and Home Depot to check out some patio furniture for our new screen porch and ended with a trip to RaceTrac for some swirl world.  Not bad for a first outing.



I can't wait until Sophia has all her shots and I'm feeling much better so we can take her more places.  It's certainly a different experience when you head out with a newborn and all the gear they need, but our new normal is kinda fun and I'm ready for all the new adventures that lie ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Glad y'all got out of the house! I'm sure being out in the beautiful weather just made you feel better. You are right about tons of gear that you have to bring with you, but the more you get out, the easier it gets. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers