Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day & Smyrna Food Truck Tuesday

Happy Belated Mother's Day to all you moms!  It was certainly fun to wake up this Sunday and realize I'm now a mom and have something to celebrate on this special holiday.  Trey was such a good hubby and made a point to help out more than usual with Sophia throughout the night so I could sleep more and when I woke up he had beautiful flowers waiting for me along with a new camera strap cover for my Canon and a massage.  Can't wait to use that!
Tummy time on daddy 
Love waking up every morning to this happy girl!

As a side note, after Sophia slept from 10 pm to 7 last Wednesday we decided it was time to transition her from her bassinet in our bed to her crib in her room (wish we'd enjoyed the sleeping through the night more before we did this but it was inevitable).

Anyway, it totally threw her off and she's now back to a middle of the night feed and early morning wake up (usually b/w 6-7... which for those of you who know me that's waaaaaay early... guess I need to get used to it).  It's been an adjustment for sure because after she feeds when we/ I put her back to sleep I usually give her a paci to lay down and because she was in the bed with us it was easy to put it back in her mouth when it would fall out.  Well, it's a little challenging when I walk away from her nursery, go back to bed then hear on the monitor she's crying because she wants her paci back after it falls out... Hence, it was great to have Trey help out with the runs to her room throughout the night.

Little cutie her first night in her crib

We enjoyed the day by playing with our sweet baby girl, heading to church for the first time as a family since Sophia was born, then eating brunch with my family.  It was the perfect laid back day.  I just wish I had remembered my camera.  Trey did get a few pics on the iphone though.
Sophia, Mommy & Lala




Tonight we had fun meeting up with our friends Bree and Matt and little baby Harrison at the Smyrna Food Trucks.  I've had so much fun hanging out with Bree since our little ones were born in March.  We've been meeting once a week at Taylor Brauner Park to go on walks and it's so nice to have someone to relate to since we're going through the same things with our babies.  Can't wait to see these two playing when they're older.




1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a great mother's day! It's always an adjustment you switch them to their cribs, but she will get the hang of it and get back on track! I love seeing her in the cute smocked bubble on Mother's Day! Harper wore that to your couples wedding shower that was at my house. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers