Wednesday, May 1, 2013

What we've been up to and someone is 2 months old!


 Time flies when you're having fun and we've been on the move having fun these days.  With this beautiful weather we've been having we have tried to get out and enjoy the weather.  I've been going on walks and runs with Sophia and Trey and I have taken her to some parks.  It's just fun to get out and get some fresh air and we've had a blast meeting friends and family for play dates.
Play date with Bree's baby, Harrison (two weeks apart)
Olivia and Terrie came to visit.  Can't wait to meet Terrie's new girl - due August!

Lunch with Ali and Sammie

Last weekend we took Sophia to RaceTrac's family day at Stone Mountain.  RaceTrac rented out a pavilion and had lots of yummy food and games for the kiddos and then we were given passes for all access to the park.  It's so fun to have a lot of our friends working at RaceTrac too because we all got to go around the park together.  We rode the sky lift to the top of the mountain and then took the train around the mountain.  It was a fun day and I'm glad we decided to bring her out.



Then Trey and I had a first this week when we went on our first date alone since Sophia was born.  And where else would Trey want to go?  The Jimmy Buffett concert of course!  He got tickets last minute and we left Sophia with my parents for a few hours.  It felt so weird leaving her behind and while we did have a great time I was so excited on the drive back to my parents to pick her up.



And today Sophia reached another milestone.  She not only turned 2 months old but she rolled over for the first time from her stomach to her back.  Our little girl is growing up too fast :)  I wish I could slow time because the end of my leave is creeping up slowly but surely and I'm not ready.  Just have to soak up this precious time with her while I can and know that even when I have to leave her I can come home to his smiling little face of joy.  I know it will always warm my heart to see that face and hope she always has smiles for her mama.
Our happy girl!  Love that gummy smile!






1 comment:

  1. She is getting so big and I just love her big smile...Happy Girl!!! I guess every time I see her she is sleeping. :-) Hope her shots went OK today.

    ReplyDelete

Followers