Trey and I flew up with Sophia Thursday night after work and I had been anxious about flying up to Virginia because it was Sophia's first plane ride but I was worried for nothing. Little stinker did so well and was smiling and giggling and napping the whole time (which was only an hour 15 min flight)... but still! I was so glad she stayed happy the whole flight.
![]() |
| ready for her first flight! |
![]() |
| nothing but smiles the whole hour |
![]() |
| and a little cat nap - "Oh don't mind me mom, I'll just lay my legs over your arm rest." |
Then it was non stop fun once we got to Virginia. Friday morning I met the girls for a bridal brunch while Trey had a daddy daughter day with Sophia. He was making us all laugh when he dropped me off because he told all the bridesmaids there that he was going to check out some local vineyards with Sophia. I thought he was joking but later that day when he picked me up sure enough - that's just what he did. Ha! The pictures of him dragging her along with him as he sipped on wine alone at the tasting just crack me up.
Friday night we all headed to the Boar's Head Inn for the rehearsal dinner and it was beautiful - but boy was it hot! Two things I didn't really know- Virginia is one beautiful state and gosh it is hot! I don't know if that was typical or not but I swear it was hotter there than in the summer in Atlanta.
| Olivia, Bree, Anne Cary and and a 9 month pregnant Terrie |
Saturday Trey rode solo with Sophia from 10 am until the wedding and what do you know, he wasn't going to be slowed down one minute. He hit up another vineyard solo and took Sophia to check out Thomas Jefferson's home at Monticello. Those two sure did have fun together this weekend.
But while daddy and baby were having fun so was mama. All the girls went to a local salon to get dolled up and have our hair done. It started pouring while were were there which scared the bride but it was bright sunny day by the time we were done and we were all so ready to see the beautiful bride get dressed and get the party started.
Anne Cary was such a beautiful bride and everything about the wedding was just perfect. We truly had such a great time and Sophia did so well hanging in there each night. I just couldn't get over how well she did each night and she stayed the whole time at the reception! Trey and I were able to dance around with her and then put her down for the night in the car seat by our table while we continued to dance next to her by the table. She slept through it all!
![]() |
| Thankful Trey got this picture -I left my camera at home so all we had was our iphones. What a great couple! |
| What a beautiful bride! Love this girl! |
I was so sad to leave this morning because we just never seem to have enough time to see my girlfriends from college. My friends Terrie and Bree were also in the wedding and we had a great time hanging out with them and their husbands and sweet Olivia all weekend.
And just to add - Sophia did awesome on the ride home too. Little princess even got upgraded to first class Lucky dog! She didn't mind the extra space to kick those little feet to hers to her heart's content and she sure was hamming it up with all the other passengers who couldn't get enough of her sweet smiles. Thank God for happy babies when traveling (and for the Baby K-tan carrier - that sure came in handy)!
| Spoiled little girl - First class on her second flight - and she's only 5 months old! She can thank Daddy's elite status for that one. |
![]() |
| you should've seen all the bags we had for 3 nights. Just ain't as easy to travel light with a kiddo |
















I love everything about this post! Mostly Trey taking her around to all the wine tastings, but also that you all had such a fun weekend. I'm so happy Sophia did well and allowed you guys to have some fun and really enjoy the wedding.
ReplyDelete