Funny how as I write this from my lonely hotel room in Columbia, SC - my first overnight work trip without my baby -sigh- she hasn't been far from my mind all day. I smile when I think about her and I can't wait to get home tomorrow to see her smiley little face and give her a big hug and kiss. Tonight before her bedtime, Trey and I called each other on FaceTime and it melted my heart to see her face light up when she heard my voice and saw me on the camera phone.
At 5 months Sophia...
- is starting to teethe and constantly chews on her little hands
- takes 2-3 naps a day
- is eating oatmeal cereal and rice cereal twice a day (and really gaining some weight in her chubby little legs)
- talks all the time ... only wish I could understand
- is so alert and looks up (most of the time) when you say her name
- giggles and laughs out loud often... but especially when you tickle her and make kissy sounds in her direction
- loves her activity saucer and has gotten really good a griping things
- has really strong upper body and can push up on her hands for a second
- is trying to sit up on her own but can't quite hold the pose yet
- sleeps most nights from 7:30/8ish until 6/7 am (with a typical mid-night wake up cry for her wubbanub paci -yea, we need to work on that)
What a sweet doll!!! She just gets cuter each day. Sorry you are spending the night away tonight, but I think it is so cute that you all were able to do FaceTime. :-) Can't wait to see her sweet face again!
ReplyDelete