Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Sophia 14 Months Old

Just when I think I've all but given up on this blog I see a picture of Sophia or recall a memory that I know I'd like to remember or have her remember one day and here I am back at it.  So much has happened in the last month and I feel like our little girl grows leaps and bounds every day in every way.  She's so much more alert, she's taller, she's reaching new milestones.  It really is such a fun time and I want to bottle up every minute with her.  So here's my attempt.

At 14 months old:
"Da-da quit tickling me!"


  • Weighs 20 lbs
  • Sophia's vocabulary is growing and her cognitive skills are really expanding.  
  • She says Ma-ma, Da-da, hi, bye bye, cracker, gracias, please
  • shakes her head no, and nods yes, 
  • signs "more" and "all done" and sometimes "milk," 
  • points when she wants something
  • understands commands in Spanish and English (like bring me that book or that remote)
  • sometimes sends kisses when we ask for "besitos"
  • claps
  • Loves dancing and shakes her little butt whenever she hears music
  • has taken steps by herself but really loves to hold onto your finger and grabs it when she's ready to head anywhere (did by 13 1/2 months)
  • has 12 teeth (4 top and 4 bottom plus 4 molars)
  • eats pretty well most of the time
  • exclusively drinks cow milk
  • loves puffs and mum mums
  • LOVEs to read books (especially ones with flaps and touch and feel)
  • Loves bath time and playing with her rubber duckies
  • Can climb up her slide all by herself (did this by 13 months)
  • Has started climbing downstairs (did this by 13 months)
  • Loves her giraffe lovie blankets and wubbanubs
  • Loves all super soft stuffed animals and always gives them hugs (especially bunny, doggie and monkey)
  • Makes animal sounds like (Pit-i-co... Spanish for horse :) , ruff ruff and moo)
  • Loves to swing and gets excited every time we head to the park
  • Likes going on runs with mama and going on car rides with mama and dada
  • likes to play the sort shapes game
  • Is very curious and loves exploring and being independent but also loves to cling to mama
  • Is starting to try to climb out of her crib
  • Sleeps great!  Usually down by 8:30 and up no earlier than 8:30 but lately more like 9 or 9:30.... what can I say she is my daughter :)
  • Is such a sweet girl and loves to give us hugs whenever we walk into a room and she hasn't seen us in awhile
  • Pulls up your shirt and points when you say, "Where is mama's belly button" and points to hers when you ask "where is Sophia's belly button"
  • Thinks her daddy is so funny and laughs hysterically when he tickles her
She's the best part of every day and we are loving this ride and watching her grow into a sweet beautiful little girl!


 Sophia's favorite things...










No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers