Ugh - keeps happening but this summer has been so fun so gotta try to recall our May Days with little princess. We've been on the go all summer and it's hard to believe 4th of July is coming up next week!
All our travels really started the second weekend in May when we headed up to Wilmington for Trey's cousin, Rhett's wedding. It was a fun weekend where we managed to sneak in some beach days that got me excited for summer and our longer beach trip that we just went on with Sophia. She loves the water and practically ran into the ocean. She's going to be a little swimmer and fishy like her mama was - I can already tell. She's certainly not scared to just jump into the water (ocean or pool) and kick those little feet. And on top of becoming a little swimmer this month she really learned to take off and trust her little feet and start walking! She'd taken steps starting shortly after her 1st birthday but never had an interest in keeping going. By the end of the month she was taking off!
Another thing to note is in May she really became super attached to mama (not that I'm complaining - but if you notice sad faces it's because she wants mama to hold her). I suppose I'll look back longing for these days one day so I'm cherishing them now ;)
 |
| this girl sure loves her some strawberries! |
The next weekend in May, Sophia got to stay with Abuela and Grandfather because mama and dada headed out of town on our first trip away from little punkin to Las Vegas! What a fun weekend we had with some of our good friends from the neighborhood who went out there with us. Thanks to their hook up at the Aria we got VIP cabanas at the pool and had fun dancing at the clubs and gambling. I even learned how to play craps and found I was pretty good at making other people at the table lots of money. It was definitely a fun weekend but I was glad to come home to my baby 2 days later.






The last weekend in May we headed up the lake with Uncle Robby, Aunt Carrie Beth, the kiddos and the Giambalvos for a fun water filled Memorial Day weekend. It was such a blast and it was fun seeing Sophia really big enough to finally run around and play with her cousins and friends. She's getting so big so quickly! Sophia even got to go tubing while we were there and I have to note that finally after 10 sad years of trying I got up on the wakeboard!!! I guess persistence is the key. :)
 |
| boat naps are the best |
 |
| Sophia on the tube! |
 |
| she loved driving with uncle Robby! |
 |
| walking machine! |
 |
| the kids had fun with some glow sticks and Sophia loved joining in with her glow bracelets |
 |
| finally doing it! |
 |
| I remember buying this swimsuit for Handley when she was a little baby and now my little girl is in it - time flies! |
No comments:
Post a Comment