# 3 post in today's catch up series takes us to our family beach vacation that we just got back from last Friday. We loaded up the car and headed down with all my family to Panama City Beach. Last time I'd been there was in 2008 when Trey and I got engaged and the last time before that who knows - it had been awhile for sure. And after getting there we remembered why we all migrated to Destin and other spots on the gulf - it certainly still is the redneck riviera. But - that didn't stop us from having fun!
To say this was the most relaxing vacation would be a total lie because a few times in the week Trey and I exchanged glances and comments that we were glad we have our anniversary trip to Jamaica coming up in August. Don't get me wrong - I love spending time with my family and nephews and having Sophia with us but it's just not the same as getting to sit on the beach and close your eyes and catch some rays. I got a cold and was sick until Wednesday and Sophia took more than a few days to get adjusted (and now she's been sick since we got home :( -
She was also particularly whiney most of the week and wanted only mama. We joked that I came back with less of a tan than I went down with b/c I was carrying her all week :)
But - all that aside we still had a great time and I'm glad we got a chance to spend quality time with my family. The boys are getting so big and since we aren't together often throughout the year I always value that time I get to spend with everyone together and I miss everyone already! I know Sophia does too because she was having fun playing with the boys by the end of the week and it seemed like she woke up in Atlanta kinda looking around for them. They all loved her and I know family trips will only get better as she's able to play with them more.
And - I came back a new fan of the movie Frozen! I now get the hype and I can pretty much sing every song by memory since we had it on a loop in our condo. The boys just love it! And I did enjoy it too.
 |
| thank God for that tent! |
 |
| playing with Garrett |
 |
| Sophia, Jon and Garrett - each 5 months apart |
 |
| notice the Joy on each child's face :) |
 |
| Ryan is the baby whisperer and can't wait for him to become a daddy this Halloween! |
 |
| back at the boat where Trey proposed! |
 |
| we took the kids to the new Miracle Strip amusement park on the last night and Sophia loved the Carosel! From the look of this picture so did mama - ha! It was a fun thing to do our last night and I remember many wonderful memories from the old Miracle Strip with my family as a kid. |
Seeing all of your pictures makes me so excited for our beach trip next week. Sophia is looking bigger and bigger and isn't it fun that she can now do stuff like playing in the sand and riding the carousel? Glad you had a great trip with your family!
ReplyDelete