Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Biggest Recap Ever & Announcement!

I'm baack!  Just when you'd lost all hope of ever seeing us again, right?  Well, I've been thinking of blogging for months.  There's certainly been plenty to talk about with trips, end of summer, start of fall, new baby on the way, Sophia changing by the day.  Yep, I guess I can officially say I'm pregnant now - although most people already know.  I'm 13 weeks along and while I feel like I've known forever it already seems to be moving along.  I'm so glad to be out of my first trimester since the bleeding and daily non stop nausea got real old real fast but we just had our 12 week ultrasound yesterday and little nugget was kicking away and waving and looking more and more like a little baby alien instead of a butter bean so it's definitely exciting and getting real and I'm relieved everything looked good in the ultrasound!
Coming in March!  Another March baby!


Gosh, where to begin with this blog post though?!  This is by far the longest break I've had but last month Trey gave me a book that he had compiled all my blog entries from my last pregnancy and Sophia's first year and it hit me how nice it was and will be for Sophia and for us to have those memories written down.  It was neat to look through and made me wish I'd kept up with this.  So, here I go.

Seeing as the last entry was late June I'd say I have some catching up to do.  I can't possibly do the end of summer days justice in one post so here's a quick recap of the highlights...

In July, Sophia turned 16 months.  I wrote down some highlights during that month and I'm glad I did or I'd have already forgotten them.





So, at 16 months, Sophia:


  • Could say:

cracker
agua
banana
tomato
dada
mama
no no (and shake her finger while she did)
That - it was her favorite word that month
"I don't want that"
"What's that?"
zapatos
Signs for "all done"


  • She could clap
  • share her food with others
  • went down to 1 afternoon nap (usually about 1.5-2 hours)
  • loves swimming, especially in her new little pool in the backyard
  • follows directions (ex. "give me that"... and she'll go get it)
  • gives besitos and makes sound "mmwah"
  • loved her mama and would cry when I left
  • was almost running
  • played well with other kids/learning to share toys
  • loved her music class, dancing, playing with instruments
  • Got Earrings this month!!!!
  • started to recognize faces in pictures and say names
  • loved exploring and opening drawers/pushing buttons
  • started playing word games with mama (itsy bitsy, choo choo train, 3 little ducks from Music Class)
  • became a very picky eater but loved crackers, smoothies and puffs
  • loved playing Peekaboo Barn on mama's ipad 
  • loved animals and learning their sounds
  • shakes head yes and no sometimes
  • has a ton of teeth! (lost count how many)
  • started trying to bite people and thought it was funny
  • tries to brush her own teeth and take off/put on clothes and shoes
  • drinks with straws
  • loves climbing on things (chairs/benches, coffee table)
  • showed a preference for her L hand
  • loved playing with her new kitchen set



In July we celebrated the 4th at home for a change.  It was really nice keeping a low profile and not having to travel anywhere and Sophia got to ride in her first neighborhood parade.  The kids had fun riding around the neighborhood and ended at the pool for a fun cookout with some good friends.

Abuela and Grandfather came to watch the parade!

That night we stayed in the neighborhood and got to watch the firework show put on by some of our neighbors who had some pretty impressive fireworks.  It was the perfect 4th of July!


Next up - August!  

@ 17th Months, Sophia:
  • was so sweet/ giving more and more hugs
  • loved her mama and dada and repeated our names all the time
  • could do her shape sorter all by herself
  • twirls, dances, jumps on command
  • goes and gets her shoes from her room when you tell her from another room
  • loved playing peekaboo
  • still loved her wubbanub an calls it "woof woof" now
  • loved reading!  Always made us read multiple books before bedtime
  • loved eating pork, ground turkey, veggies, smoothies and anything mama has on her plate
  • can do her animal puzzle alone
  • gives besitos and waves bye bye
  • loves stuffed teddy bear and pushing around minnie in her stroller
  • loved playing with her kitchen and the pretend phone and saying "hello" when she does
  • loved chasing mama and being chased
  • loves animals and runs after woof woofs in the neighborhood
  • danced all the time when she hears music
  • loved spending time with her cousins, especially Kevin
  • was so girlie and silly
  • tried Spaghetti for the first time and liked it!
  • Could say:
    • lala for my abuela
    • abuela for my mom
    • Ryan
    • mama, dada
    • no
    • agua
    • Kevin
    • nana
    • hello
    • zapato
    • bana
    • that
    • cracker
    • bye bye







In early August, I had a conference in New York so we made a family trip out of it and Trey and Sophia came up the weekend before my conference to enjoy the city and spend time with my brother Ryan and his wife, Meghan (who's due with their first child on Halloween).  I'm glad for the timing of the conference because Ryan just took a job in San Francisco and left the following week so it was nice to spend time with them while they were still in the city.  We had a blast in NY and Sophia is one lucky girl for all the neat places she's been at such a young age.  I don't think I even flew on a plan until I was 13 and she's already been twice!

We saw a ton while we were there since Trey loves to pack everything in and Meghan loved to walk.  We literally walked 15 or more miles a day (according to my brother's fitbit) and my feet and early pregnant self felt every bit of it! :)

The new freedom tower

Ground Zero Memorial Fountains

Walking with Uncle Ryan aka the Baby Whisperer at Ground Zero

Wall Street bound





Goofing around late night in Time Square


She had fun with the Big Piano at FAO Schwartz and then we headed to the Central Park zoo which was the perfect size for Sophia's first Zoo experience.  She loved seeing the animals but really loved the Children's petting zoo where she got to feed the sheep.  She was squealing with joy!
Checking out the monkey

Sophia's best "Roar" in front of the cheetah




Next we let her run some energy out at the Meadow.  She was in heaven!

Faster mama!

and then onto the Central Park Carousel

we ended our last night taking the ride up to see the view of Manhattan at night from the Rockafeller Center.  Perfect end to a great weekend!

At the end of August, Trey and I got to relive the single days and took a 4 night trip to Montego Bay, Jamaica to celebrate our 5 Year anniversary.  We had so much fun relaxing in our all inclusive resort but that post will have to wait because we forgot our camera and had to borrow my parents' camera.  Only thing is, they needed it back as soon as we got home because they were leaving for Europe so we haven't had a chance to get our pictures from the trip.

Which skips us ahead to September, but it's late so I'm going to recap that one later too :)  Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers