Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Happy Birthday Trey, It's a Boy!!!

Ahh... finally caught up on this darn blog and it feels good!  And catching up with such a huge announcement feels even better.  I can't believe I'm already 4 months along into this pregnancy and I'm excited that we now know our new addition to the family will be a little baby boy!  We found out Saturday morning before heading to Athens for the game and it was so hard to keep a secret for 2 days. We revealed to the family Sunday night in a joint birthday party/small gender reveal (that almost didn't happen... but I'm glad Trey changed his mind last minute) :)

He was beyond thrilled as you can imagine to continue the Spivey name on and I suppose it's every dad's dream to have a little boy to play sports with and teach him all your boy wisdom so I'm happy for him.  I am excited too but I have to admit I was secretly hoping for a girl.  Yes, I know it's strange coming from the girl who used to always want boys but having my Sophia first changed my perspective and I love all things girl so I just thought it would be neat for her to have a little sister close in age.  But alas, God has different plans so now she'll have a little brother to boss around ;)  At least she retains the title of princess and I won't have to feel guilty about telling her she's my favorite girl in the whole world!

We can't wait to welcome baby boy Spivey in March and I think we may have an easier time with names this time around.  Not official yet but we've been throwing around the same name so looks like at least that battle is down... phew! :)  Now for the nursery decorating - my favorite part!  I'm thinking vintage planes and cars so stay tuned to see those developments.



almost 16 weeks






It's a boy!


Someone isn't too sure about how she feels about adding a boy to the family


1 comment:

  1. So happy we could be there for the big reveal! We're excited about a baby boy and I can't wait to hear the name and see how you decorate the nursery!

    ReplyDelete

Followers