Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Sophia @ 19 Months, 1st Tumbling Class & UGA Homecoming

Sophia is one wild 19 month old.  She has more energy than we know what to do with these days and it's been so fun playing with her and seeing the world through her curious eyes.  She is little miss independent and still loves her mama and dada (though Mama is the word on repeat at bedtime... poor Trey just wants to read her a bedtime story but most nights she won't have it).

She loves playing with Minnie (which gave me the idea for her to be Minnie this Halloween ... more on that costume later).  She loves playing with her cousins and tries to say their names more.  She is so much more alert to her surroundings and other kids and can be a little feisty pants when she doesn't get her way.  We hear a lot of but "peez" and she seems to think that saying Please will get her anything.  Its really hard to not laugh when she does it but girl has to learn ;)

Her vocabulary and cognitive skills are really improving.  She can do puzzles all on her own and loves her shape sorting game and she's starting repeating the names of the animals on my phone app Peekaboo Barn.  Woof Woof is by far her favorite though and we can't seem to get her to understand that dogs say woof woof and they aren't actually called that.  Every dog is still woof woof to her.

She also has no idea what's coming this March and a part of me feels guilty that her sweet wonderful world is about to be turned upside down.. but in a good way and I can tell with how much she loves to be a mama's little helper she's going to be a great big sister.
just a typical morning rummaging through mama's bathing suit drawer with woof woof and lambie in hand





Last Friday I took Sophia to her first Tumbling Class at the Smyrna Community Center.  I was so busy running around with her I didn't take and videos or pictures until the very end but she did great and was so fearless!  She loved it!  She tried literally everything from walking on the balance beam (which she made it across each time), flipping backwards on the rolling ball, hanging by her legs on the bar and just going through every obstacle they had.

She even showed such interest in other kids there (and there were tons in that Friday morning class!).  She kept running after this other girl who was little older than her and I thought it was so cute.  I could tell she was trying to to play with her but the girl didn't seem too interested.  Then all of a sudden Sophia went in for a hug.  I wish I had caught the moment on video.  She was being so sweet!

Anyway, I'm so glad I found out those classes started at 18 months and went ahead and got her started because she loved it and I had so much fun with her.  I know she's going to enjoy them for the next few years.



Saturday, Sophia headed to Abuela and Grandfather's for the afternoon and mama and dada headed to Athens for the homecoming game.  We met up with Heath and his fiance Lisa before hand and had fun getting to know her better and catching up with Heath.  It had been about 1 year and half since we'd seen them last so it's definitely been too long.  GA easily won the game and it was so enjoyable to sit there and not bake in the sun.  It was definitely sunny but there was such a nice breeze and it was cool so it feel just perfect.  We had a great time and the Dawgs pulling off the win and us finding out the gender that morning didn't hurt!  Trey was in heaven and it was a good start to his birthday weekend!
Belly Shot almost 16 weeks





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers