Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas time!

It's the most wonderful time of the year!  And hard to believe it's already midnight Christmas morning.  This month just flew by!

Sophia is 21 months and I find myself looking at her some days thinking to myself where in the world did my little baby go?!  She's gotten so tall, is talking so much more, is such a little sponge and has become mama's sidekick for sure.  I love seeing the world through her eyes and watching her learn.  She gets so excited over the littlest things and I find her copying me and it just makes me laugh.  I know every parents says it, but I get blown away when she does certain things and I'll look at her and say, How'd you learn that?  You're so smart.  It's just funny to see a little person turning on the tv, switching the channels with the remote, putting on blush and trying to put it on you, combing her hair, picking up the phone and saying... Ha-woa (hello), brushing her teeth, putting on her shoes and socks and trying to put her clothes on.  She's also becoming such a little mama and loves changing her babies and telling mama they've gone ca-ca.  It's so funny.
putting on mama's makeup

my little buddy


She is obsessed with Frozen these days and loves giggling when the sisters play together in the beginning.  So sweet to watch.

Ah anyway, it's a fun time and she's at a fun age for sure.  I always find myself wanting to bottle up moments and time with her - especially since she's become such a mama's girl.  Some days it exhausts me but most I just remind myself that one day she won't want her mama like she does now and I need to cherish it.  She reserves the sweetest hugs and kisses for mama and there's nothing better than feeling her squeeze my neck or rest her little head in my shoulder.  Love that girl so much.

But enough of my 21 month old... Here are the highlights of the month...


We went to see the Pink Pig... twice.  Sophia didn't quite know what to make of it but I think she enjoyed it.




Then, there was Santa.  My how a year changes things.  Poor girl!  Dada wanted a better pic so he made her go again last weekend... outcome was pretty much the same.  I think she's going to need some time to forget Santa before we can bring her back ;)


We had our neighborhood progressive holiday party earlier this month and had a blast hanging out with all our close friends.   We are so lucky to have made some great friends here and love our neighborhood!  It makes me never want to move!


Last weekend, mama got a little break and got to head to Miami for Puja's bachelorette party.  It was a really fun weekend in spite of me heading down there with a cold and coming back with what felt like the flu for a few days- but I love Miami and it was so fun celebrating Puja.  We stayed at the famous Fontainebleau hotel (where they've filmed movies like James Bond) and it was sooo nice!  Definitely lived up to the hype and hope I can go back there one day.  It was also nice to get down to Miami and enjoy some warm weather in the middle of winter.





at the Clevelander

loved the view from our room.

And last night - Christmas Eve!  My mom has had some trouble with kidney stone pain so she had to have a last minute operation to go in a blast her stone that was giving her trouble and pain so our plans today took a slight shift from the norm.  But I'm glad my mom is doing better and after going to Christmas Eve mass, we heading to my parents to see the cousins in the town and be with my mom.  We may have had to order pizza instead of doing our usual Cuban feast but it didn't put a damper on anyone's spirit.  It was fun having everyone together (though we missed Ryan) and it's so fun to see how much the kids have all changed in a year (or really in a few months since we last saw everyone together at the beach).  They were running around having a great time.  Now we just need Ryan, Meghan and baby Fiona to hopefully join us next week!




I'm so excited for Sophia to wake up in the morning and open her presents.  I know she still doesn't get Christmas but I know she'll love the gifts we got and she always loves new toys!

Merry Christmas!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers