Friday, March 13, 2015

Introducing William Powell Spivey!



He's here!  Our little Prince William!  Where to start I don't even know.  It's amazing the whirlwind week and flood of emotions that have come over me these past few days but I wouldn't trade a minute of it for the world when I look at the beautiful baby boy laying next to me.  And to think I couldn't possibly imagine loving anyone as much as our little Sophia... but then Will decided to make an appearance 2 and a half weeks early and my heart exploded with that love only a mother could truly appreciate.

It's the kind of love that brings one to tears... of joy that is and in 3 short days I simply can't imagine life without him or remember what it was like before he got here.  But guess what?  That heart exploding thing still totally applies to our Princess Sophia too.  It's the best feeling in the world and I feel truly blessed to be the mom to these precious 2 little babies - because let's face it, Sophia will always be my baby too.

Now, back to Will and his entrance into the world.  It kinda happened like a story you hear and see in a movie.  The kind where someone's water breaks in an unfortunate spot and then they rush to the hospital and out pops a baby.  Well... kinda... at least on the water breaking part... ;)

To give the story justice, I really need to start with last week.  After Sophia turned 2 last Sunday she came down with a stomach bug.  It was a rough week to say the least and I didn't get to finish preparing for an important work presentation I had scheduled for this past Monday because I took time off to take care of my poor little girl.  So long story short, I worked all weekend to get ready.  Friday, Saturday and Sunday night after not really sleeping much, I felt ready for the meeting.  I got ready, packed my work bag and headed to Jason't Deli to pick up the lunch we were catering for our customers.  I was in such a rush (go figure, Stefanie rushing and running late?!) but after I paid for the food I felt a flood.  Here's where it gets TMI but let's just say I had this feeling that something big had just happened.  A quick dash to el bano confirmed my feeling and I calmly walked back to the register, informed the cashier that I thought my water just broke and thanked her for my bags.  She stared at me jaw dropped and helped me get them to the car while I informed her that I'd probably just swing by my colleague's place to give him the meals on my way to the hospital. ;) WHAT?!  I know, crazy, right?

Well, that plan clearly didn't pan out and I headed home instead to go grab my hospital bag, confuse the heck out of poor little Sophia who just didn't understand how or why I came back home so soon and why I was rushing out the door again with a suitcase and her daddy.  But 20-30 minutes later, Trey and I were on our way to Piedmont... Dr's orders... to get checked out and possibly have a baby!?  Again, WHAT?!  Yes, my thoughts exactly given that I thought I had 2 weeks left.

So, ready or not, there we went.  I had a carload of Jason's deli sandwiches so I thought it might be a good idea to try one.  It was lunch time after all.  Right?  Um.. Wrong.  Turns out my water did break but because I ate lunch dr. said I had to wait 6-8 hours to get the food out of my system before we could go ahead with c-section.  Crazy girl, I know, but truthfully in retrospect it was nice to have a few hours to digest what what happening and take in the fact that we were meeting our little boy that day... and gave us time to ponder over what name to give him since we didn't even know that yet!  Also, my parents were headed back from FL that afternoon so it gave them time to land and make it to the hospital in time to meet him.

As they say... God always knows what's best for you and His plans might not align with yours but He won't steer your wrong...
waiting for surgery

moments before being wheeled back for sugery

Then, in what felt like 2 minutes after we got there, I was being wheeled back to the White Sterile Room as I call it for surgery.  Again, I had a What?! this is Crazy! moment.  I was relieved to get the epidural to calm my anxiety that had crept in full swing at this point and before I knew it, I felt a tug and pull on my belly and that beautiful baby cry and there he was- our little Prince William!  So teeny tiny he was- and I expected nothing less since he came at 37 1/2 weeks and my belly never felt super large this time around.  He came out at 5 lbs 13 ounces, 19 inches and boy did he have some lungs on him.  He may not have finished cooking completely but those lungs sure did sound ripe and ready for a scream.



I looked at him and instantly knew he had me hook line and sinker.  It's funny because I always used to say I wanted a handful of boys and 1 girl.  I always thought it would be neat to have a boy first because I loved having older brothers growing up but then my sweet Sophia came along and I couldn't imagine any other way.  So, truth be told, I was a little anxious about welcoming a little boy this time.  I just saw myself more as a girl mom.  But eh- again, God knows best and he has blessed me with this sweet little guy and I couldn't be happier about it.






Hello Dadda!

Dr. Kathleen Khan delivered Will because my doctor Suarez was out of town.  She did great!


Finally got to hold my baby in the recovery room

These past few days at Piedmont have gone by like a blur but every time I look at Will or he snuggles up in the crook of my neck or on my chest, it makes me feel like the luckiest mom in the world.




Proud Abuela & Grandfather

                        Meeting Aunt Carrie Beth & Uncle Jon


Meeting Maggie




His big Sister Sophia came by last night to meet him and while she still doesn't quite know what hit her I know she's going to be a loving big sis and watch out for her little brother.  I can't wait to see them grow up together and I hope she loves him like I love my brothers.   I know she'll have some adjusting to go through but I know she'll love him as much as we do.






It's hard to believe we are now a family of 4 and I know we have some crazy adventures laying ahead for us but as they say, let the games begin!  It's only the beginning of what I imagine is going to be a pretty fun chapter.  Welcome to the world, sweet baby Will.  We love you already and can't wait to see what the world holds for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers