Saturday, March 21, 2015

Will's First Week Home

Time seems to be flying by now and it's hard to believe yesterday was supposed to be our little guy's debut.  Thankfully we got almost 2 extra weeks with him before that day and everyone is doing well.  Our first night home Abuela and Grandfather graciously kept Sophia an extra night so we could get adjusted and set up the house.  Since Will came 2 weeks early we still hadn't pulled down the bassinet, swing, rockers, etc. so it was nice to have a night to get the house ready for a newborn before big sister came home.

Soaking up the fact that we are now parents of 2!


Will's First Night

 When Sophia came home last Saturday I'd love to say it was smooth sailing.  For the most part it was and she has been such a sweet big sister but she definitely got into some bad habits the week we were in the hospital and can't say I welcomed the tantrums she threw when it was nap or bed time.  She has gotten over it real quick though and I'm sure part of if stemmed from her having a stomach bug the days leading up to Will's birth and the obvious upheaval she must have felt the day he was born and the week after when Mama and Daddy were in the hospital.  Overall, I think she's been adjusting pretty well though we still have to watch her like a hawk when she's close to Will.  She loves holding him and stroking his head and tries to give him his pacis but she tends to overdo it when she tries to rock his bassinet and it's more like violent rocking... definitely gives us a scare and we have to stop her.




Our happy little family reunited!

meeting Lala Ofelia

so glad Abuela could come over all week to help out!  Couldn't have survived week one without her!



As far as day to day goes, Will has been a pretty easy going baby so far.  He does the normal routine.. eat, sleep, poop, repeat.  He makes the funniest little faces and sounds throughout the day and I've been enjoying the quiet moments I have with him to just stare at my new little wonder.  I am amazed with his cute little blonde hair and just how little he is - but I'm happy to report at his one week check up he was already back to his birth weight of 5 lbs 13 oz and doctor said he's doing great!





This week Will got to celebrate his First Holiday too with St. Patrick's Day!  Since I didn't expect his arrival until March 20th we hadn't bought him any outfits... but thankfully Abuela came to the rescue and found him and Sophia some cute accessories to note the occasion.  I just love how much she loves him!



It's already crazy to think back to a time when he wasn't around.  I can't really remember it already and I'm happy to say that I'm loving our new normal... though it will be nice to feel back to 100% post c-section when I can get out and take my babies for walks in this beautiful spring weather we've been having.  I have to say though - that c-section round 2 has definitely been easier than the 1st one.  They were both just different but I feel like I've been able to get up and move around a lot quicker this time.  I keep trying to wean off the meds though and I'm just not quite ready... hopefully soon enough.

This week we also gave Will his first little sponge bath - he did not like it at all!  We can't give him a bath yet because his belly button is still a little moist after the stump fell off so we'll have to wait a little bit longer but I wanted to wash off the fuzz for his newborn shoot we had yesterday.



Speaking of that... we decided to use a photographer that has done pictures for a lot of families in our neighborhood and I can't wait to see the final products.  She had all of these cute props in her in home studio and Will was definitely a cooperative sleeping baby so I know we'll be pleased with what she sends us.  Can't wait to see them but we did manage to snag a few on our phones.











Friday was also a big day because Will went on his first outing to eat Chick Fil A after the photo shoot and that night he finally got to meet his Mimi and Dadaw.


meeting Mimi

meeting Dadaw
This morning Will got to meet his cousins Handley and Harper and later today he's in in for a treat to see the rest of the family!





1 comment:

  1. I love those pictures of the girls holding Will! He is one loved little boy. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Followers