These past few weeks have been so fun and busy getting the nursery ready for baby girl's arrival... and by the way we FINALLY have a name! After months of back and forth Trey and I decided on Sophia Marie! I quickly made some letters for the wall and nailed them up so Trey couldn't change his mind so it's set and I couldn't be happier and more relieved that at least that decision is down! ;)
Anyway, I feel like every day I find one more little thing to do to add to the nursery and it's so exciting to see it finally coming together. It's funny too how a little tiny room is getting so much more attention than any other room in the house but I guess that's to be expected when it's your first child. It really has been fun adding my little crafty touches to the room and now after receiving some cute gifts from my amazing and generous friends and family at my first 2 baby showers it really feels like it's almost ready for Sophia's arrival!
On that note, I have had baby showers the past two Saturdays and the hosts have just completely outdone themselves at both. The first one was hosted by some of my closest friends Maggie, Kelsey, Terrie and my cousin Ali and this weekend Carrie Beth and Jen hosted another one.
They were both absolutely amazing and everyone put in such attention to detail! I felt so loved seeing how much work they all put in to throwing me the most perfect showers and everyone who came seemed to really enjoy the yummy brunches. Thanks again girls!
And little Sophia is already so spoiled with all the great gifts I got to welcome her into the world. It's really all still so surreal that ready or not she's coming soon but it does make me feel a little more prepared now that I have some baby gear and accessories that I'll need when she gets here.
Here are some pictures from the showers...
Last weekend...
 |
| me and the amazing hostesses - Ali, Terrie, Maggie and Kelsey |
 |
| Terrie bought the cake from a lady in Athens and it was delicious! |
 |
| Maggie and Kelsey |
 |
| So fun to spend time with some of my best friends from high school and college! |
 |
| Little Sophia is so lucky to have such talented friends and family who make her such cute things! |
 |
| Everyone was admiring Ann's smocked dress that she hand made. I love it! |
 |
| Another adorable handmade gift from Terrie's mother - she made the quilt herself! |
 |
| Maggie and Mrs. Williams made the cutest diaper cake and I loved how Maggie tried to incorporate the giraffe theme into everything since she knew I had a giraffe thing going in the nursery. |
 |
| Yes, those are pictures of me they secretly got my dad to drop by before the shower. |
This weekend's shower...
 |
| With the announcement of our name Carrie Beth and Jen scrambled to personalize everything for the shower. This greeted us at the door and I thought it was so cute!!! |
Such a cute shower favor!
 |
| me and the hostesses and junior hostesses with the mostest (Handley and Harper were such great helpers! I know they're going to be the best cousins!) |
 |
| I was overwhelmed at how generous everyone was! Got some really great gifts! |
 |
| Adorable personalized cookies and diaper cake |
 |
| My friend Bree and I are due just three days apart and both will be delivering at Piedmont! Too crazy! She's expecting a little boy and I can't wait for our little ones to play together! |
 |
| So glad Lula was able to make it. Not sure how I would've made it through 2 years at King & Spalding without her. |
 |
| Love all my dinner club girls! |
 |
| Alpha Chi sisters! |
No comments:
Post a Comment