Thursday, February 26, 2015

Mommy Daughter Day at GA Aquarium

Last Monday was President's Day and I found out late Sunday night that I didn't have work!  It's such a pleasant surprise realizing I get certain government holidays and just another perk of my job.  I've found myself wanting to spend quality time with Sophia before the baby comes so I jumped at the chance to do something with her that I don't usually get to do with my work schedule.

I called the nanny off for the day, bought a ticket and we headed downtown to the GA Aquarium for the day!  It was so much fun and Sophia loved looking at all the "fishy fishies"  She was content in the the one room with the big tank and would've probably been fine just sitting there and staring at all the sharks, stingrays and small fish floating by.  She was in heaven and I had a great time seeing the world through her eyes that day.

We also got a chance to see the Dophin Tales show.  I was nervous taking her to that one because she's never sat in a show before and it was a 30 minute show where you were asked to keep your seats and not leave until it was over.  They had loud music, flashing lights and dolphins jumping around so I wasn't sure how she'd take it but I was so proud of her and happy that she didn't cry and seemed genuinely intrigued by the dolphins.  She might've gotten a little scared with the flashing lights and when they simulated thunder sounds but that just got her to jump into my lap and snuggle while she watched - I didn't mind at all.

We actually made it to all the rooms with only a slight hiccup in the penguin exhibit.  She was kinda freaked out by them but it was funny at the same time.  When we drove off to head home for nap time she was passed out within a mile.  I'd say it was a successful trip and it makes me excited to bring her back when she's a little older!  I was so glad to have the day with her and can't wait to spend more like it.  I'm hoping to have a little time before baby comes to spend just the 2 of us and maybe next time we'll head to the zoo! (that's if this crazy Atlanta winter weather goes away!)






oooh mama look at that fishy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers