Thursday, February 26, 2015

Sophia 23 Months!

I know I sound like a broken record but I love my little girl and I can't believe how fast she's growing up before my eyes.  I catch glimpses of her and I see myself 30 years ago and it's a pretty amazing feeling.  I love my little mini me and lately she just can't get enough of mama.  She's my side kick and little buddy for sure and I think as my belly grows so does her affection and need for mama.  I can't complain though because I know one day I'll crave her attention and affection so I'm doing my best to soak it up while I can.

She has really changed so much these past few months.  Namely, she talks a lot more.  Still working on formulating sentences but she does offer one and two word commands and her vocabulary is expanding daily.  She's a little sponge and I'm always amazed when I hear a new word come from her mouth.

She's also quite the little sassy pants and boy does she let you know when she's not happy or doesn't want something.  Her favorite thing to do lately is shake her head and hand and say 'uh oh' like NO, I don't want to do that.

Let's see... what else?  Here are some of her favorite words and phrases:
"oh no" - says when anything drops or she finds something dirty
good girl
e-mama - I hear this one a million times  a day!
Grankow or Krakow - grandfather
Abuela - she says it every time I pick up the phone around her
"give back"
"mas peas" - more please
"Minnie"- she screams toward the tv when she wants to see an episode of the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
yaya - what she calls boo boos, scratches, cuts, etc.
Sosa - what she calls herself
Coat
play - she says as she tries to head outside

In terms of development:
Sophia loves riding on her scooter and tricycle but needs help moving
LOVES LOVES LOVES her new trampoline that mimi and dadaw gave her for her birthday
loves dancing and jumping all over the house
has gotten really good at all of her puzzles
loves building things with her jumbo legos
loves her mechanical woof woof
plays pretend with her babies
put on her shoes all by herself (though sometimes they are backwards)
tries to dress herself
announces when she's gone to the bathroom (I think she's ready for potty training but I've decided to wait until after baby boy gets here and we're more settled)
loves reading books and reads to herself (can name animals, make their sounds and point to object in her words books and tells me their names)
eats all by herself using a spoon and fork
turns on the tv with the remote
can play with my ipad and find the apps she wants

Her favorites:
Minnie Mouse - which is why her birthday coming up is all Minnie themed
Frozen
Legos
babies
Trampoline and jumping on everything- like beds
her woof woof, mani and mini (what she calls her paci, mini lovie blanket and nap blanket)  she won't sleep without them
she Loves bath time
she loves playing with all of her cousins and screams with delight when they're around
she loves her pink boots!  She'd be happy wearing them every day of the week

I'm sure I could come up with more but needless to say I look at my Sophia and I feel blessed every day to be her mama.  There's something about that little ball of energy and sweet face that can turn any bad day into a good one.  She's the best part of any day and I still feel slight guilt knowing her world is about to change but I am more and more confident she'll be the best big sister and she'll love having a brother.  I'm sure in a few months I won't even remember what it was like to have just one kid.  It's been an amazing 2 years with her though and like I always tell her, she'll always be my first and my little princess and that's a spot no one can take from her.

dancing to the Hot Dog song at the end of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

loves giving dadda hugs goodnight

mommy's little helper


soaking up some last one of one time with mama before baby comes



never get tired of seeing this cuteness in the rear view mirror


with her favorite fashion accessory


these flower glasses are also a must wear on all occassions



Sophia is such a girly girl and loves sitting on the counter putting mama's make up on while I get ready.  She's found a new obsession as of late with headbands too

playing dress up with mama's work shoes

little ball of energy has started showing off her tumbling moves by attempting somersaults all over the house.  She's pretty good!

goofing around with dadda - she thinks he's funny


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers